Antique Haviland China Co. “Silver Anniversary” Pattern Espresso Cups & Saucers - Set of Four, Plus Extra Saucer
Haviland & Co. Limoges
- Antique Haviland Limoges China
- Marked Underglaze Haviland, France in Green (circa 1894-1931)
- Marked Overglaze Haviland & Co. Limoges in Red (circa 1889-1931)
- ”Silver Anniversary” Pattern (but, yes, it is decorated with gold accents)
- Haviland China Co. was organized in 1840 in Limoges, France by David Haviland, a New York China Importer
In 1839, a young David Haviland had his first encounter with Limoges porcelain. One day, a customer came in his shop carrying a small package containing a broken cup that the owners wanted replaced. At his first look and touch, Mr. Haviland was impressed by the cup. He instantly knew that it came from France but he didn’t know exactly where. The piece intrigued him so much that he ventured to France in search for a match. And after an exciting quest, he found the match in the city of Limoges. Forced by circumstance and his vision, Mr. Haviland moved to Limoges to produce his own patterned china as Limoges factories only produced plain ones. This was how the love story between Limoges porcelain and Haviland started. This incredible story of one man’s determination started a great change not only in the business of David Haviland but in the porcelain industry. This same level of obsession still drives the company to continue its streak of excellence as one of the most-sought-out porcelain manufacturers in the world.