Vintage Van S Authentics Rooster Pin #2410
Husband and wife team, Joanne Moonan and Reginald Lyon Francis Moonan, co-founded Authentics Inc., later known as Van S. Authentics, in the mid-30's. The company made costume jewelry that was sold at the Hattie Carnegie salon in New York and at department and specialty stores around the country. Van S Authentics designs were frequently featured in fashion magazines.
The company was in business from 1930 to 1969 when they were bought out by another company. The 2410 number on this glorious rooster brooch refers to the design shape and that helps date the piece.
- Measures an impressive 2.25" X 2.25" (at widest points)
- Stamped with "VANS. AUTHENTICS 2410"
- 2" Long Pin Attaches at a Diagonal from Top of Rooster's Waterfall Tail to Head
- Weighs In at 23 grams
- Excellent Vintage Condition
- Impressive Detail
- This Wonderful Vintage Piece Would Make an Incredible Hat Pin, Brooch or Scarf Clip